Re: [RP] Sending of any key in top keymap

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] Sending of any key in top keymap
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 23:17:36 +0200

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 03:31:42AM -0600, Joe Corneli wrote:
> Here you go!  Sorry about the delay.  I had to figure out how to
> accomplish what you requested.

That's a good reason for needing some time. My excuse for being this
late with such a trivial fix does not even exist.

> Not that I know much about these things, but the actual error I get
>
>   EXC_BAD_ACCESS
>
> and the warning I saw at compile time
>
>  actions.c:1014: warning: `key' might be used uninitialized in this
>  function
>
> seem like they might be related?  But _I_ don't know!

You were right all along. Silly me was looking at the code and reading
it as I meant it to be rather than as it actually was. Now when a while
has passed and I had to actually figure out again what the code were
supposed to do the error was easily spotted! Creating a pointer variable
and using it as the memory was already allocated when it in fact isn't
is a really stupid thing to do.

> Please do let me know if I can do anything else to help now that I'm
> running RP in the debugger.

Well, try this new patch and please tell me truthfully that it won't
need to be debugged. (:
--
/Martin