[RP] Session save/restore

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: [RP] Session save/restore
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:37:30 +0200

Dear list,

Just now, I was trying to create a script that saves the current state
of windows and groups. So that one could restart ratpoison without
having to sort all the windows into their correct number and groups
again.

I created a neat script (oh well, it's more like a dirty hack) to attach
to the restart hook, but made the mistake to think that window titles
were actually changed somewhere else than internally in ratpoison.

So now when I realized I have to rethink, I might as well ask if anyone
else have ever tried anything like this? Or should I think differently?

I'm attaching the non-working script for explanation and inspiration. (:
--
/Martin