Re: [RP] unmanaged but on top?

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] unmanaged but on top?
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:28:45 +0000

Gerhard Siegesmund <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello fellow ratpoison-users
>
> Just a small question: Is it somehow possible to have unmanaged windows,
> which stay on top? Right now I have the problem, if an windows is
> unmanaged an I put one of the other windows to the top, the unmanaged
> windows disappears and I don't know how to get them back on top? Is this
> at all possible, or did I maybe do something wrong.

Hi Gerhard,

which part of unmanaged don't you understand :). Currently unmanaged
means ratpoison ignores the window. So there's no way to get an
unmanaged window back on top.

I'm not entirely opposed to "improving" the unmanaged
functionality. Perhaps having unmanaged windows always on top is the
Right Way to do it.

But since I don't use unmanaged windows I'd have a hard time finding
time to do this. But...feel free to send a patch to the mailing list :).

-Shawn