Re: [RP] forced shrink

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] forced shrink
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:28:08 -0500

Paul Boren <address@hidden> writes:

> On 1/26/06, Ted Walther <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if the split and hsplit commands support percentages.  Be nice
>> to put a tail -f /var/log/apache in a small 20% xterm at the bottom, a
>> gaim buddy list 25% at the left side, and the rest devoted to web
>> browser.
>>
>> Ted
>>
>> --
>>           It's not true unless it makes you laugh,
>>      but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.
>>
>> Eukleia: Ted Walther
>

> I'm not sure where it is in CVS, but about a year ago Mike O' Connor
> added a resizepct command.  The diff is still up at...

>From the manual:

 - Command: split N
 - Command: vsplit N
     Split the current frame vertically in two. The last accessed window
     not occupying a frame will be the second window.

     N is either a fraction of the form `x/y' or a number. If it is a
     fraction then the current frame is resized to that fraction of its
     original size and the new frame takes up the remaining space. For
     instance, `split 1/4' will split the current frame to a quarter of
     its original size and the new frame will then be 3/4 of the size of
     the original frame.

     If it is a pixel, the original frame is resized to that many
     pixels. If N has a minus sign before it, then the new frame will
     shrink by that many pixels.