Re: [RP] Ratpoison improvements

From: Daniel Webb
Subject: Re: [RP] Ratpoison improvements
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:46:15 -0600

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 03:44:03PM -0600, Daniel Webb wrote:

>   1) Groups should work like windows conceptually.  They should be named.  I
> should be able to hit C-t g and get a groups menu just like C-t w gives me a
> windows menu.  I should be able to hit C-t C-g and toggle to the previous
> group like C-t C-t toggles to the previous window.

Not being able to leave well enough alone, I have added another feature.

I quickly found myself wanting a single editor window with notes in it that I
could always access with a single keycombo, then return to where I was,
without affecting anything else in ratpoison.  So I added another group toggle
feature, similar to the C-t C-g feature, but with the difference that the
toggle_default feature only toggles to the default group and then back,
without affecting the regular toggle.

I think I fixed a couple of bugs from my previous version too.  I'm still not
totally sure how the init functions work, so I'm just roughing it there.
Anybody who knows what they're doing please take a look and see if it's
correct.  It seems to work for me.

Since it is more patch than original at this point I just included the whole
thing attached to this email.  Released to public domain as before.