Re: [RP] About execf, and about moving frames

From: Bernhard R. Link
Subject: Re: [RP] About execf, and about moving frames
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:31:25 +0200

* Yann Le Du <address@hidden> [081008 17:34]:
> 1/ In the html manual, the execf command has the argumets reversed. It
> says :
>
> execf command frame
>
> and it should be :
>
> execf frame command

This is also wrong in ratpoison.texi.

Shawn, I've pushed the fix for this to the git repository under the
"obvious bugfix" rule....

> 2/ If I have a window on one monitor, and try to switch it with a window
> on another monitor with the C-t x key binding, it fails. I'm using two
> separate X screens, and if I have a window in frame 0 on screen 0, and try
> to exchange it with another window in frame 2 on screen 1, it fails : the
> X server shuts down.

If they are different screens (as opposed to Xinerama, where are
different virtual sub-screens of the same screen), then moving windows
should not be possible between them (as X does not support so). On the
other hand trying to do so should not shut down ratpoison or X.

Hm, exchange_with_frame even has a comment in it that the caller has to
check it, and the comment and this code seems to be from me...
(Don't know if the cmd_swap is also from me, but I almost fear so...)

Hochachtungsvoll,
        Bernhard R. Link