[RP] Screen copy-paste for ratpoison

From: ratpoison
Subject: [RP] Screen copy-paste for ratpoison
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:45:04 +0100

Ratpoison bases itself on GNU's screen program.

One of the great things about Screen is its copy-paste mode which is
truly rodent free.

In RP we still need the mouse to make copy selections so I was wondering
if anyone had or is considering developing a similar copy-paste mode for
Ratpoison?

I've tried emulating the mouse with the keyboard, both using various
programs and shift-numeric-lock and then using the keypad, but
screen's approach is much quicker, surer and less cumbersome.

It would also solve the problem of using screen's copy-paste and then
exporting the buffer to the X clipboard - we could just use ratpoison's
copy-paste.

It would be good if it could be used on graphic windows, such as that of
the browser, but I imagine there would be difficulties trying to divide
the screen into columns and rows since the size of any text that needs
to be selected varies.

Anyway - it was just a suggestion I wanted to put forward to those who
know about programming in X. As you see, I clearly don't:)

Michael