[RP] Re: how to use groups?

From: clemens fischer
Subject: [RP] Re: how to use groups?
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 18:14:22 +0100

Shawn Betts wrote:

>> How do I get a fresh, fullscreen frame?
>
> The 'only' command, bound to C-t Q, is probably what you want. It
> expands the current frame to fill the screen.

Ok, but this is not what I need.  It would remove other frames and make
"this" one the only one, correct?

I would like to keep the frame I started my terminal from, then add
frames on top of it running eg. a GUI-browser, then split and resize
them in order to see frames underneath.

An alternative would be to make new frames and switch between them, but
when I split some of them, other frames are not affected.  This was my
initial disappointment:  I have urxvt-unicode running tmux (the screen
successor).  From one of tmux ptys I start firefox, which launches a new
window.  I can switch between the terminals and firefox eg. using
"focus" or "next", and both cover the entire screen.  But when I want to
make one of the windows smaller by splitting it first, both windows are
affected, and I'd like to resize only one of them.

BTW, the keymapping code with hierarchical keymaps is excellent and
helps to unclutter and group commands a lot!

clemens