[RP] Re: ratpoison, feh, MWM hints

From: Taylan Ulrich B.
Subject: [RP] Re: ratpoison, feh, MWM hints
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 17:28:42 +0200

An update...

As i said in the last paragraph of my first post, running certain
programs eliminates the issue for the rest of the X session.

Interestingly, urxvt is one of these.
I've switched to urxvt recently (the ArchLinux package
'rxvt-unicode-256color'), and just realized feh gave me no error.
Quadrupple checked, and concluded that running urxvt once makes the
issue go away (even if you close it immediately and keep using xterm);
same as with with MPlayer.
Since the terminal emulator is the first program that's run when
starting X, after ratpoison, the issue won't be bothering me anymore.

This might actually be the reason no one could reproduce the error.
It would be interesting if someone would retry, with this in mind.
When starting X and ratpoison, be sure that xterm is the only thing
that fires up. Then `feh --borderless <image>`.