Re: [RP] Garbage characters and slow responsiveness

From: e20100633
Subject: Re: [RP] Garbage characters and slow responsiveness
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 14:41:33 +0100

Hello,

Ian-Xue Li <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. multibyte characters rendered as gargabe in command :windows.
> It appears that ratpoison handles UTF-8 alright, because if I enter
> `ratpoison -c windows' under console, all the windows' names are output
> currently.
>
> here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Ch2QG.png
>
> These should be chinese characters, which occupy 3 bytes in UTF-8.
> Apparently rp doesn't decoded it right because 1 character appear as
> exactly 3 gibberish byte in :echo.

I have same problems with displaying some UTF-8 characters in my
ratpoison bar (accent for example). I have these issues when I'm using
for example

ratpoison -c "echo ééèèààà"

as well when I'm entering manually those characters directly in my
ratpoisonbar.

I have to add that the xftfont I use for ratpoison have fullsupport for
UTF-8.

Regards,

--
~ #ID: e20100633 <e20100633()inbox!lv> #TEL: 9-8M 4554
~ TYPE 1707-A3 S/N L3-M2812 SLACKWARE 13.0 RLU #527034