[RP] Incorrect display variable

From: Marcus Carlsson
Subject: [RP] Incorrect display variable
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:05:48 +0100

Hi.

A while ago (would figure about 3-4 months since I did the update so within the latest half year at least) ratpoison stopped working properly when using the DISPLAY variable. Now I always have :getenv DISPLAY = 0 no matter what screen I'm currently on. Got a triplehead setup with all three monitors setup as an individual screen in Xorg. This have always worked as supposed when switching between screens and launching applications from ratpoison but not anymore. The problem as I mentioned is that even if I'm on screen number 2 (display=:0.1 ie) the result returned from `:getenv DISPLAY` equals ":0".

Is there some change in how displays are handled and what do I have to do to get this to work as before?

Sincerely