Re: [RP] Ratpoison Under Gnome

From: Lincoln de Sousa
Subject: Re: [RP] Ratpoison Under Gnome
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:37:57 -0300

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 10:35:51PM -0800, Ross Patterson wrote:
> I just wrote a blog post about my current best solution to integrating
> Gnome and Ratpoison: http://rpatterson.net/blog/ratpoison-under-gnome

Hehe, so you also like to run Ratpoison with Gnome :)

I suggest you to take a look at a branch of ratpoison that I started to
implement the ewmh protocol to provide a better interaction with the
task list, the pager and everything that uses ewmh.

You can get this code by issuing this command

  git clone http://git.comum.org/lincoln/ratpoison.git

And then

  git checkout ewmh

I also suggest you to take a look at the quickfixes branch, that
currently fixes the problem of loading startup file *after* scanning for
windows, that makes ratpoison to manage windows set as unmanaged in
ratpoisonrc.

Cheers,
--
Lincoln de Sousa <address@hidden>