Re: [RP] Error 127.

From: Ingo Krabbe
Subject: Re: [RP] Error 127.
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:59:05 +0200

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 06:25:29PM +0400, Stayvoid wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I can't open any program (xterm, firefox etc.) because of the 127th error.
> I've read that it's connected with the $PATH variable.
> How to set it right?

Its quite likely that your problem is the PATH variable. #127 means that
the program you want to call is not found, which is just the return code
of the shell's call to the program.

In the manual you can see the setenv command to modify the PATH during
the session.

When you have the problem when ratpoison is starting, you can just set
the environment before you `exec ratpoison' in your XSession start
script (whatever you use there, I use an own
/usr/share/xsessions/ratpoison.desktop file).

> I'm using Gentoo.

ah, yes, gentoo installs its sessions just there: /usr/share/xsessions

In the Script named "Exec" in the XSession file, you can set any
environment before you start ratpoison.

For example I use
source $HOME/.bashrc

before I start ratpoison, as I can tune the environment there.

Sometimes when I want to debug my environment I call
`/usr/bin/env> ratenv', which writes the current environment of the
shell call, into the file $HOME/ratenv.