Re: [RP] ratpoison, patches, and the future

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [RP] ratpoison, patches, and the future
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 13:53:43 +0000

On Monday, 19 Jan 2015 at 12:51, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas wrote:
> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> Yes, I ran autogen.  I have autoconf 2.69-6 and automake 1:1.14-1
>> installed.
>
> Do you have pkg-config installed?  It should come with a file named
> pkg.m4, and autogen.sh should copy it in ratpoison-dir/m4/pkg.m4.

Interesting.  I do have pkg-config installed.  Manually copying the
pkg.m4 file to where you have specified has allowed me to configure and
build ratpoison now!

I'll come back if I have any feedback on this version of ratpoison.  I
use ratpoison as my default window manager on everything from a very
small palmtop (OpenPandora) to a large multi-screen multi-core desktop
system...

Thanks,
eric

--
: Professor Eric S Fraga, CPSE, Chemical Engineering, UCL
: GnuPG/PGP key 0xFFFCF67D, http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucecesf