Re: [RP] a program halts on background and doesn't get the focus back

From: Marcos Cruz
Subject: Re: [RP] a program halts on background and doesn't get the focus back
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 01:34:51 +0100

En/Je/On 2016-01-26 16:03, Mark Eichin escribió / skribis / wrote :

> The magic words for "written in java" are to install wmname (from
> suckless-tools) and run
>
>    wmname LG3D
>
> before starting the app.

Thanks, but it doesn't work. I use dmenu from suckless-tools, but didn't
know about wmname. I've searched some examples and tried several ways in
the launch file of the emulator, without success.  By the way, I wonder
why the name "LG3D".

I'll try to find a solution.  Meanwhile, I switch to i3 when needed,
using a Ratpoison bind key, and return as soon as possible :) I'm trying
to configure the i3 binds as similar to Ratpoison as possible, but,
among other things, the prefix map of Ratpoison is more comfortable and
efficient than the mod key of i3 (even with sticky keys activated in the
keyboard).

--
Marcos Cruz
http://programandala.net