rdiff-backup-users

Re: Does anybody have any use of error_log?

From: Patrik Dufresne
Subject: Re: Does anybody have any use of error_log?
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 08:05:23 -0400

Hello Eric,

Thanks for asking !

To give you a recent example. A new customer of mine has an error with it's
backup and the following lines get added to error_log.

ListError
Data/Projets2019/Photos_Maison_Halle/Photos_Maison_Halle/Espaces_au-dessus_des_portes/Poutrelle_01.jpg
[Errno 13] Permission denied:
'D:/Data/Projets2019/Photos_Maison_Halle/Photos_Maison_Halle/Espaces_au-dessus_des_portes/Poutrelle_01.jpg'

In rdiffweb, these errors get displayed when the file contains something.
[image: image.png]
This could certainly be improved to get more error printed into this file
as I've discover many are not getting written in that file.

--
IKUS Software inc.
https://www.ikus-soft.com/

PNG image