rdiff-backup-users

Re: Long-time rdiff-backup user confused on new installation: permission

From: Patrik Dufresne
Subject: Re: Long-time rdiff-backup user confused on new installation: permissions
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2021 10:35:41 -0500

To my knowledge permission and ownership may be reflected to the target
destination but extra care need to be taken care of to make it happen. Man
page explains most of it.

Otherwise, Most of the time permission are not reflected to the target
destination and are simply stored in metadata. Then everything is owned by
the users running the script and 0700 for permissions.

Running the script as root might help. But would need to look at man page
to make sure.