repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] What's needed to publish the evaluations (ak

From: Zak Rogoff
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] What's needed to publish the evaluations (aka the longest email ever {aka two specific tasks})}
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 11:17:55 -0500

On 02/18/2016 11:21 PM, Mike Gerwitz wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 21:43:27 -0500, Mike Gerwitz wrote:
>> I did find it, so I'll just make sure everything looks accurate and
>> send it over soon.
>
> I think that this might be in the old format.  But it does not change
> the grade vs. the refined criteria.
>
> This is the same one I sent quite a while back, but I have updated it to
> include the work done by GitLab to ensure that features work without
> JavaScript, and the removal of GA for Piwik.

Thanks, Mike! I've uploaded this evaluation to

https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/repo-criteria/gitlab-eval.md

right next to the already-formatted other evaluations:
https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/repo-criteria/eval-page-feb-4-2016.html

And that gives us an update to task #1:

# Task 1: Get the evaluations ready to publish
The latest draft of the evaluations that I've received is up at
<https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/repo-criteria/eval-page-feb-4-2016.html>
for us to review. Please don't link to it publicly yet.

The task includes:

  * Double-check that the evaluations are still are up to date and send
an email confirming this to the list. If they are not up-to-date, make
sure someone updates them.
  * Add a note to the evaluations page and the evaluations matrix (the
table that summarizes the scores) saying which version of the criteria
was used to evaluated them (we should keep the date of evaluation that's
already there).
  * Format and incorporate the Gitlab evaluation
(https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/repo-criteria/gitlab-eval.md) into the
evaluations page.
  * Proofread, and send to me CCing the list. I'll ask
Richard and the FSF to review, requesting that they get all requested
changes to me within a week.
  * Make any edits requested by the FSF and Richard, and then, once the
final version of it is approved by the FSF, publish the evaluations page
and add the evaluations matrix to the existing criteria page on gnu.org.
This should probably take no more than a week, and we can actually
publish the announcement for it the next day.

--
Zak Rogoff // Campaigns Manager
Free Software Foundation