repo-criteria-discuss

Re: Gitlab C2

From: Pedram Ashofteh Ardakani
Subject: Re: Gitlab C2
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 06:28:33 +0000

Hi Bi,

Thank you for your response and the additional information.

You can find a screenshot of me visiting gitlab with an Iranian ip a few minutes ago. Also, you can check this link out [1] that states how GitHub convinced OFAC to open access to people living in sanctioned countries, but GitLab has not done the same apparently.

So, there are two ways I can still reach gitlab:

1) full access via browser: use proxy or vpn (using tor needed additional human verification steps I guess)
2) partial access through command line: use an SSH key to push/pull to/from my own repositories (no vpn needed)

Cheers,
Pedram

[1] https://www.theregister.com/2021/01/05/github_iran_block/

Sent from ProtonMail mobile