repo-criteria-discuss

Re: proposed new criteria

From: Greg Farough
Subject: Re: proposed new criteria
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 13:16:03 -0400

On Thu, Apr 21 2022, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:

> [I requested this help on Feb 22, but I don't think it has been done]
>
> Would someone like to make an updated version of repo-criteria.html
> with the changes we've agreed on, and call it
> proposed-new-repo-criteria.html?  The text should be changed to say
> that these are the proposed changed repo criteria, and see
> repo-criteria.html for our actual, current repo criteria.
>
> Posting this would enable us to get comments more
> and work towards making this change.

I've made a proposed-new-repo-criteria.html page just now, and have
posted it: <https://gnu.org/software/proposed-new-repo-criteria.html>.

Here's a list of changes, which are also summarized near the top of that page:

* Simplify C5 - based on

<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/repo-criteria-discuss/2021-03/msg00056.html>

* Add B1.0 - based on

<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/repo-criteria-discuss/2021-04/msg00014.html>

* Simplify A2 - based on

<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/repo-criteria-discuss/2021-03/msg00056.html>

* Add explanatory note to A+1 - based on

<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/repo-criteria-discuss/2021-03/msg00059.html>

* Add criterion A+6 - based on

<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/repo-criteria-discuss/2021-04/msg00005.html>

* Add criterion A+7 - based on

<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/repo-criteria-discuss/2021-04/msg00014.html>

That's all that I saw.

One point worth mentioning is that in our discussions, we were talking
about "B1.9." I assumed this was a typo and changed it to B1.0 when
making this page, as B1 doesn't have any other subitems (and we have a
C0.0). But if there's some reason for that numbering that I missed, I
can fix it.

-g

--
Greg Farough // Campaigns Manager