reproduce-devel

[bug #58263] Openssl/libgit2 compile bug

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [bug #58263] Openssl/libgit2 compile bug
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 22:43:56 -0400 (EDT)

Update of bug #58263 (project reproduce):

                Category:                    None => Software
              Item Group:                    None => Crash

Follow-up Comment #1:

Did this happen on a clean build? I just deleted my whole build directory and
re-built Maneage from scratch (while over [Commit
git.maneage.org/project.git/commit/?id=4a53bd5e 4a53bd5e], but there was no
problem and everything got built properly.

I don't see how bug #58260 can cause this problem, that can only happen for
downloading the tarballs, not building the software. You had also reported
successful building of the whole project (which always includes OpenSSL and
libgit2), so probably its due to something temporary.

Maybe you can try re-building from scratch to see if this happens again.

A tip: in `reproduce/software/shell/configure.sh', just after we set a value
for `host_cc', short for host C compiler, manually add `host_cc=1' so it
doesn't spend ~1hour on building GCC (which isn't the problem here. Before we
had an option `--host-cc', but I removed it. However, I am now thinking that
its good for debugging other programs in a clean build to not waste time in
building GCC.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?58263>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/