reproduce-devel

[task #15267] Building TeXLive from source

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15267] Building TeXLive from source
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 19:57:27 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #11, task #15267 (project reproduce):

Indeed, formally, I have tried to justify the priorities for myself like this:
first analytical-reproducibility, second visualization-reproducibility (LaTeX
is a visualization tool after-all ;-)).

Because of this, as Raul's error showed, when LaTeX isn't built (for any
reason!), the configure script doesn't crash, its just prints that full
warning. You can then safely run './project make' and all the analysis will be
done. But it will stop as soon as control reaches 'paper.mk' (after
verification). LaTeX won't be run, and it will just that all the analysis has
been completed successfully.

But *we will finish this task*. I have already given the relevant links here
and it is possible to build CTAN packages from source (using a tarball). There
is just too many important "analysis-reproducibility" issues left to fix right
now (most important for me is the GNU C library, task #15390).

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15267>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/