reproduce-devel

[task #15654] Webpage for videos introducing Maneage

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [task #15654] Webpage for videos introducing Maneage
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 16:11:53 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #5, task #15654 (project reproduce):

The problem with making a branch of
http://git.maneage.org/videos.git/tree
on an ethical git server such as codeberg is that (as I understand things),
if I want to keep the git structure, and if what I add is small,
then I will effectively have to upload the full 170 Mb original video
as part of the git tree. While redundancy is generally a good
thing, it seems excessive to do create a git repository of
170 Mb for uploading a 40 kb or so source file.

I had a look at
https://asciinema.org/a/330532 ,
but that does not show as a video without enabling GAFAM services:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAFAM - amazonaws.
For people reading this who don't understand the problem: with GAFAM, "you are
the resource" that GAFAM
sells to its clients.

I'll see if Savannah accepts an asciinema source attached here as a plain
text
(lzipped, uuencoded) file:

_maneage_navigate-2020-05-21_source.lz.uuencode_

This should be attached below if all goes well.

The commands _uuencode_ and _uudecode_ are standard GNU/Linux tools,
especially for email - e.g. https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/sharutils

(file #49215)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: maneage_navigate-2020-05-21_source.lz.uuencode Size:47 KB

<https://savannah.nongnu.org/file/maneage_navigate-2020-05-21_source.lz.uuencode?file_id=49215>

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15654>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/