reproduce-devel

[task #15682] maneage-lint: check for host system shebang lines in execu

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15682] maneage-lint: check for host system shebang lines in executable scripts
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2020 14:34:30 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, task #15682 (project reproduce):

Very nice point!

Using '.local/bin/<executable>' is one solution, but as you said it will
potentially cause problems when users change directory within a recipe (it
happens, for example when building the LaTeX paper in 'paper.mk'),

I have sometimes been forced to do this in my research because some research
software only write their outputs in the current directory, so the only way to
avoid writing in the source directory is to 'cd' to the special directory, run
it there, and come back up to the source!

Maybe using the host's 'env' is the most portable solution (because if we want
to use Maneage's 'env', we'll have the same length-problem!).

The reason is that within the project's Make (as called in the top-level
'project' script) we completely close-off the host's environment and have our
own PATH. So 'env PROGNAME' should expand to the PROGNAME in Maneage, right?
Even if 'env' doesn't belong to Maneage itself.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15682>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/