reproduce-devel

[bug #59084] Setuptools crash on macOS: no module named '_scproxy'

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [bug #59084] Setuptools crash on macOS: no module named '_scproxy'
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 09:52:12 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #59084 (project reproduce):

Behzad, can you try installing Xcode to see if it does indeed fix this
problem?

That is a good idea Raul, do you know any good command that we can use to
check if Xcode is available on the host macOS?

After Behzad confirms that installing Xcode fixes the problem, we can put it
the part where we check the host's Kernel in
reproduce/software/shell/configure.sh
<http://git.maneage.org/project.git/tree/reproduce/software/shell/configure.sh#n201>.

By the way, in that same part of 'configure.sh', can you also check the value
of 'uname -s' on macOSs? Currently if the host kernel isn't Linux, we simply
assume its macOS, but it would be better if we explicitly check for the macOS
kernel and warn the user if its not Linux or macOS.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?59084>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/