reproduce-devel

[task #15772] R packages in Maneage

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [task #15772] R packages in Maneage
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 19:47:11 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #2, task #15772 (project reproduce):

I more or less followed the 11 Sep 2020 guideline.

https://gitlab.com/maneage/project-dev/-/merge_requests/5

Hopefully this will work fine :). Here are some TODOs in case someone wants to
reduce the number of future bug reports (or annoyed users who fail to submit
bug reports).

TODO:
* Testing is needed to see if this really works offline. I didn't check this.
* Tests on Darwin/xnu (macos) systems are needed.
* The dependencies might not yet be quite right, since some packages have
common dependencies which may have been accidentally satisfied without fully
testing the tree. Installs done with different numbers of cpus may detect
these errors. It seems that R dependencies/prerequisites are called 'imports',
e.g. see https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/lifecycle/index.html or
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/pillar/index.html, so in principle
this should be straightforward to check for the "current" version of any R
library package.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15772>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/