reproduce-devel

[task #15736] Submitted/published maneaged paper list

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [task #15736] Submitted/published maneaged paper list
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 15:28:44 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #10, task #15736 (project reproduce):

The Maneage, Elaphrocentre and Subpoisson papers are all now accepted by their
respective journals, CiSE, MNRAS and PeerJ; Maneage and Elaphrocentre are
formally published, Subpoisson is still going through proofreading and so on.

A discussion started with this merge request
https://gitlab.com/maneage/project-dev/-/merge_requests/7 about how we can
allow frequent updates of Maneage'd papers and their publication status
without distracting people who want to keep their project updated for software
reasons. Currently, we have both:

* README-hacking.md is one place where we list these articles; and
* https://maneage.org/about-citation.html - source at
https://gitlab.com/maneage/webpage/-/blob/master/about-citation.html .

It seems reasonable to me that for the moment we allow frequent updates of the
webpage list, and just do updates of README-hacking.md once in six months or
so.

However, we need to have something more bibtex|yaml|jason -like, or even
better, something consistent with the Maneage criteria: a conf style
convention and a 'make' file to extract the info in html format for
about-citation.html, and in plain text for README-hacking.md .

Of course, once we get to say, 20 papers or so, we'll probably want to split
off the web text to its own separate page, and this will start looking
excessive for README-hacking.md. We currently have 8 papers, 3 of which are
clearly branded "Maneage" in the article pdf.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15736>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/