reproduce-devel

[bug #61745] perl sitearch configure typo

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [bug #61745] perl sitearch configure typo
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 19:19:22 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Fix perl base_version/basever sitearch configure error

The 'basic.mk' rule for configuring/installing 'perl' had an environment
variable 'basever', which appeared to be a typo for
'base_version', since 'base_version' is set, but 'basever' is not
set. This commit fixes this apparent error. The error would, I presume,
have prevented taking into account the 'sitearch'
subdirectory of one of the perl install directories.

This commit has *not* yet been tested.

https://codeberg.org/boud/maneage_dev/commit/486450fa47d3facd8271ec657538b6d76c7d456b

( PS: I only found this bug because I have access to a CentOS (redhat/fedora
derivative) system where the initial gcc needs to be set up with the
environment variables recommended by 'module' [1], and building perl-5.32.0
fails. My current guess is that the choice of 'module' - to not set up LDFLAGS
- is the bug.

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/modules )

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?61745>

  Message sent via Savannah