reproduce-devel

[task #16287] Remove (clean or uninstall) a specific package automatical

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [task #16287] Remove (clean or uninstall) a specific package automatically
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 16:33:19 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #3, task #16287 (project reproduce):

Thanks for clarifying :).

So within the current maneage modularity structure, I guess that would mean
that along with the current 'make' variable _top-level-programs_ that is set
in _reproduce/software/config/TARGETS.conf_, we would add a variable such as
_top-level-programs-uninstall_ , probably best defined just a few lines away,
to reduce the chance of someone trying to both install and uninstall the same
program.

I connected https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16270 to this task, since
although we now seem to have a python download/build/install system following
recommendations by python developers on irc, I have not succeeded with any
uninstalls using manual 'rm' commands, apart from removing the full maneage
build and restarting from scratch. Anyway, that's a discussion for 16270.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16287>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/