[Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah kernel and modules

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah kernel and modules
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 01:09:52 +0200

Hello,

To answer your question, I didn't touch the Savannah kernel. I also
put some packages on hold:

savannah:~# aptitude search ~ahold
ih  kernel-image-2.6.8.1-dl380         - Linux kernel binary image for version
2.6.8.1-dl380.
ih  kernel-image-2.6.8.1-dl380-elfvuln - Linux kernel binary image for version
2.6.8.1-dl380-elfvuln.
ih  modutils                           - Kernel module management utilities.
ih  procps                             - The /proc file system utilities

I also add to delete mkinitrd that was conflicting with debian-utils,
maybe you'll need to reinstall it if needed. It wouldn't hurt to check
the current kernel status configuration before the next reboot :)

I have a question though: I noticed that the 'acl' module is not
loaded, hence silently ignored in fstab. Moreover, I wanted to
modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp to try and activate active ftp uploads, and
the module is not present either.

Could you make these modules available?

--
Sylvain