[Savannah-hackers-public] Git hosting techniques

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Git hosting techniques
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:54:46 +0100

Hello,

I was pointed at your git hosting website at http://repo.or.cz/, and
I'm pleased to be able to check the details of the setup "behing the
scene" in repo.git :)

We're currently setting up something similar at
http://cvs.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/, and we're likely to work on similar
tasks (although we use different approaches to authentication).
There are some notes about it at:
http://arch.savannah.gnu.org/head/administration/infra/main/0/git.txt

I would like to know if you considered the ability to autopack
repositories to optimize space and disk i/o. For example, we're
experimenting with the coreutils repository which weighs 1.1GB. Since
you mirror the glibc repository, maybe you have similar issues?

Cheers,

--
Sylvain