[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Overwriting bare repositories' master

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Overwriting bare repositories' master
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 22:57:58 +0100

ShadeHawk at #git noticed that this does not apply for a local
directory.

I reproduced the two successive push-es both to a local git
repository, and then to a remote git-shell'd one, and indeed, it works
locally but it is rejected remotely ("error: denying non-fast forward;
you should pull first").

So this is probably caused by git-shell restrictions.

Feature? :)

--
Sylvain