[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: initial mercurial frontend patch

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: initial mercurial frontend patch
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:41:32 +0200

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:

>  Ugh.. I guess by now you're aware it's "git checkout" :/
>  Not one of the finest naming convention, admittedly.

Yes, but too late :-).

>  Yes, you'll need to modify this one too for new installs:
>  db/mysql/table_group_type.initvalues

I am attaching a patch that add the fields into the .structure files
and initial values in .initvalues. (savane-hg-db.patch1)

>  I'm not sure what's the Right Way, but this one works :)

OK.

>  I noticed a typo of mine that you reproduced in:
>  /usr/src/savane/frontend/php/project/admin/editgroupfeatures.php
>  url_svn_git -> url_git_viewcvs
>  url_svn_hg -> url_hg_viewcvs
>
>  Remember to fix the copyright notices. You'll need to add
>  # Copyright (C) 2008  Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
>  when you modify or copy a file.

Updated in savane-copyright.patch0

>  I did some research and found the commits related to initial Git
>  support:
>  -
> http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=savane-cleanup.git;a=commitdiff;h=a184b183e38cbc64db6ca8ec7d86de44d66eeff3
>  -
> http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=savane-cleanup.git;a=commitdiff;h=b0ebf020c2af63f4a286bf165144f4760a56053a
>
>  Maybe this can help you check if something's missing (not at first
>  glance), and have a peek at the backend :)

Great, thanks. I will have a look.

>  I think the big work now is playing with the backend and deciding how
>  to setup Mercurial in the system.

Yes, that was the easy part :-).

[snip]

>  But first things first, let's make a simple backend to start with :)

I will start from the beginning and see how to solve each particular point.

Aleix