Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Plans to host project Wikis?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Plans to host project Wikis?
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:11:12 -0500

    I was wondering if there are any plans to host project Wikis?

I can't speak to any technical plans for doing so.

As a policy, it is not something to do lightly.  Here is something rms
wrote about GNU wikis last year (to Paolo Bonzini, who wanted to create
one for GNU smalltalk):

>   Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 07:57:31 -0400
>   From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
>
>   Having a wiki on a GNU site requires special care.  Are you going to
>   check the wiki frequently, in case someone has put in recommendations
>   for non-free programs?  Or calls the GNU system "Linux"?  Or describes
>   it as "open source"?  You need to do these things if you have a wiki.

(BTW, Paolo committed to doing these checks and has his wiki now at
smalltalk.gnu.org).

karl