Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Prevent creation of mailing lists with nam

From: Yavor Doganov
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 00:13:52 +0300

Sylvain Beucler wrote:

> But you fail to detect this:
> 'emacs-all-admin'
> => $list_name['new'] == "all-admin"
>                      != "admin"

Ah, of course!  I never thought of that (valid) case.  I'll try to
rework it taking into account your other remark too, but I'll have to
read some PHP documentation so it may take a few days (or more).

Meanwhile, if anyone sees an obvious way to do this, I'd appreciate if
he educates me.

>   $list_name['new'] == 1;

OK, although it seems rather odd to me.  If the syntax of PHP is so
liberal, it should warn a poor user like me for things like this.  I
just posted the snippet to the first PHP (possibly unexperienced) guy
on my roster and he said that comparison of strings in this form
should work.  FTR, I trust you much more -- I'm just a bit puzzled.

> [arrr, why, WHY did you remove the history of the e-mail?

Sorry, the "history" of the e-mail in the form of top-posting had
always been useless junk to me, and I always like people who strip it.

It is my (humble) understanding of how electronic communication should
work (probably inherited from the telex world).  I tend to quote
minimal context if it is a recent message, more if it is an old (2-3
weeks old) and full if it is an old (3-4 months old).  With a decent
MUA I can always read the parent message, if I have forgotten what
it's all about.

> I'll have to restart mutt in another window

This is just a limitation of Mutt (which I like and I'm using as
well), but not a reason to top-post everything so that the person
replying can copy and yank what's needed easily.  YMMV.

I'll take a note to include more context when communicating with you.