Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] any need for a perl monger?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] any need for a perl monger?
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 18:14:25 -0500

    Well, I first suggested we did less/no tarballs checks (it's usually
    fast to check the description and decide on the project status) but
    apparently that's not an option.

After reviewing storeBackup, I asked rms again about this.  In that
case, the vast majority of the files in the project were ok, he had just
failed to put notices on some of the top-level files.  His intent was
perfectly clear.

rms said in such a case, we could approve it -- but *only if* we went
back later and checked if the changes had actually been made.  That is
not appealing to me; I'd rather get all the agony over at the beginning
and then be able to forget about it.

Wdyt?

As for the item on help.html, I'll work on making some modified text to
review here before posting.  I thought your message to Steve was very
good, FWIW.

karl