Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] autoredirect for savannah downloads

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] autoredirect for savannah downloads
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 18:31:00 -0600

Hi Sylvain,

    I prefer when services are hosted at Savannah for 2 reasons:

Well, I can only agree with those reasons in principle.  If you have the
time and energy to do the work of actually implementing it, great.

    but if the service is only about installing and configuring a
    mod_perl script I don't think there's much to know about the rest of
    Savannah anyway :)

O yes there is.  No one else (well, certainly not me, much less Randy)
would have a clue about where to start with something like this.  Sorry.
As you saw from my other mail, I am still very much at the
I-don't-know-where-anything-is stage with savannah.

Anyway, I will collect the sources for you and ask Randy about making it
into a normal CGI, which I expect will be vastly simpler than dealing
with mod_perl.  Unless the savannah web server in question already has
mod_perl.  Does it?

Karl