[Savannah-hackers-public] Bison: push -f

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Bison: push -f
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:19:31 +0200

Dear Hackers,

I would like to have a means to perform push -f on *some* branches. I'm used to work with two directories of branches:

- candidates/
  The topic branches.

- perso/
  Where people can just "save" their work, whatever the state.

The branches in these directories are really meant for work in progress, so it is natural, normal, to have to push -f sometimes, especially when you are finishing your changes, ready to make the clean branch that you will typically merge in master.

But I can't do that on bison.git. Amusingly, I still can delete the branch and create it again, so "push -f", unless I missed something, is not really made impossible, just inconvenient.

Can this policy (allowing push -f on *some* branches) be deployed?

Thanks a lot!