Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] robots.txt disallows all spiders for maili

From: Noah Slater
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 20:21:07 +0100

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 09:59:14PM +0300, Yavor Doganov wrote:
> This is a deliberate decision by the GNU sysadmins, although I can't tell
> right now the reasons behind it

Does anybody know what the reasoning was?

> (and I don't care, actually -- not being indexed by proprietary search engines
> does not seem to me like a problem that needs fixing).

I'm not sure if this is a joke, but I struggle to take it seriously.

Why don't we do the same for the main GNU site, just in case someone attempts to
find us via some evil proprietary search engine such as Google, instead of using
one of the alternatives, like... wait, what?

Thanks,