[Savannah-hackers-public] Re: online/web based gettext editor

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: online/web based gettext editor
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 01:36:29 +0300

[ CC-ing sv-hackers. ]

Ali Servet Donmez wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 09:48 +0300, Yavor Doganov wrote:
> > others are Rossetta (which will remain non-free even when Launchpad is
> > relicensed, IIRC)
>
> It seems that Launchpad is licensed under the GNU Affero General Public
> License, version 3 [https://dev.launchpad.net/], including Translations
> part (codenamed "Rosetta") (Licenses: GNU Affero GPL v3)
> [https://launchpad.net/rosetta/], among others...

Yes, it looks like they made the whole thing free, which is very good
news.

> Any thoughts?

As I told you the Savannah hackers had plans (and still have -- AFAIK
they're waiting for some refactoring going upstream) to install
Pootle, which is specifically for translations only.

LP looks like a huge beast, very complex, and most of the
functionality overlaps with Savannah's.  I'm not aware of any
discussions about Launchpad, and I don't have a clue if Rosetta can
function separately.

I guess people will just start exploring it, as it was a black box for
everyone except those who signed NDAs with Canonical...