Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [sr #107077] Setting up bzr+ssh on Savanna

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [sr #107077] Setting up bzr+ssh on Savannah.
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:49:20 +1100

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 14:24 -0400, Karl Fogel wrote:

> >As for plugins, there should be no grey area.  What I said before
> >remains true: ~jrandom/.bazaar/plugins should remain unwriteable by
> >jrandom.
>
> I'm not actually sure of this part -- meant to strike it from my
> reply.
> (That's what I get for finishing an email after a phone call when I
> started it before the phone call!)
>
> I'll have a better answer about plugins after studying more.

There isn't, not without disabling all plugins, which will prevent
system wide ones being usable. I see you've proposed a no-plugins patch
to turn bzr+ssh back on; I think thats a good first step, but it has two
problems:
 - you haven't guarded against the user setting BZR_PLUGINS_PATH, or the
new variable vincent has just added (this won't affect savannah today,
but future proofing is good).
 - we shouldn't stop here ;)

-Rob