Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Hosting Apache 2.0 JavaScript code

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Hosting Apache 2.0 JavaScript code
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 22:36:33 +0200

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 10:20:41PM +0200, Alex Fernandez wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 9:02 PM, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Is this OK, or do I need to find another solution?
> >
> > ASL2 is compatible with GPLv3 (and not with GPLv2).
> > Does that answer your question?
>
> Not really. Let me put it another way: if I were to host a project
> licensed under the Apache 2.0 license on Savannah the FSF would
> probably not like it. But is it OK to serve some Apache 2.0 JavaScript
> code from the nongnu.org domains, for demonstration purposes?

Well since the ASLv2 is compatible with the GPLv3, there's no problem
with hosting software licensed under the ASL2 at Savannah.

The licensing requirement for code is that its license be compatible
with the GPL (latest version).

Consequently you can also use ASLv2's scripts in nongnu.org webpages.

Is it OK or did I miss something entirely?

--
Sylvain