Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Setting up bzr+ssh on Savannah.

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Setting up bzr+ssh on Savannah.
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 09:36:03 +0200

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 10:10:20PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Ah, you mentioned that before, and then I forgot about the ".in" part
>
> Me too.  Could we create host aliases (say, in /etc/hosts) such that
> "ssh sftp", etc., work?

I don't like it:

- too much "magic" (no reference to "internal"),

- in the long run, this means we'll want to maintain /etc/hosts in all
  subsystems, which sounds like a desync waiting to happen.

If you confuse sftp.sv.gnu.org and sftp.in.sv.gnu.org, this is
probably a good thing that you get an error :P

--
Sylvain