Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Setting up bzr+ssh on Savannah.

From: Toshio Kuratomi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Setting up bzr+ssh on Savannah.
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:55:25 -0400

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 01:28:46PM +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 09:10:15AM +1200, Robert Collins wrote:
> > On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:47 AM, Karl Fogel <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Still waiting for answers on the question(s) quoted below.
> > >
> > > Also, I have some upcoming responsiblities that will prevent me from
> > > making much progress on this for the forseeable future.  If Robert
> > > Collins is willing, Sylvain, would you be okay giving him the same
> > > access to the Savannah machines that I have?  He's just as trustworthy,
> > > and frankly he's better qualified to do this anyway.
> > >
> > > No pressure, Robert.  If you can't take this on, we can ask around in
> > > the Bazaar community.  But you'd be a logical choice, if you're willing.
> > >
> > > -Karl
> >
> > Generally I would be, but I've been in the middle of moving country,
> > which takes away pretty much all volunteer time :)
> >
> > I've asked in the Bazaar community if there are any volunteers to help
> > with this, and two folk have stepped up. Both are well respected:
> >
> > Toshio is the administrator for the Fedora bzr hosting service, and
> > has offered to help with the initial setup; Paul is one of the
> > developers of the Launchpad code hosting service; so both are well
> > versed in bzr deployments and of good character and reputation.
> >
> > Sylvain, Karl asked about giving me the same access he had, and I hope
> > we can get enough access for Toshio and Paul to get the bzr+ssh
> > service up and migrated too.
>
> Sure.
> Can you precise what they are willing to do?
>
> You mention that Toshio wants to help with the inital setup, but
> that's the easy part - what we're looking for here is somebody willing
> to _maintain_ the service, including handling user requests.

<nod>.  Yep -- I 100% understand your concern there.  Initial  setup is the
easy part -- the long term maintainership is the key problem in any
volunteer infrastructure group.  (Since I belong to another one of those,
it's the reason I don't have more time to give to this one :-/)

Paul, I haven't met you yet; I think real question is what can you commit to
and how can I help out so that your job is easier but you still come out
knowing everything you need to maintain the system we setup together?

-Toshio