Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Tasks clean-up

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Re: Tasks clean-up
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:35:55 GMT

Hi Alex,

    > some old projects which are still review-pending will not answer, and
    > I don't know what to do with them: delete in two weeks? Ignore? Nag
    > repeatedly? No course of action seems good at all.

Are "review-pending" projects the ones which we've approved but which
were supposed to do some clean-ups?  Like quagga.  If so, I think it
would be good (though not absolutely necessary) to remind them once or
twice over a few months

    > Also, old support tasks which are still of interest might be closed as
    > they are obviously not being solved, but some of them could still be
    > useful (like the stats page). Should I close them, or leave them open
    > in the hope that some shining knight eventually appears?

As long as the suggestion is valid, I wouldn't close it.  If it's
sufficiently old and not being addressed, though, I agree that keeping
it open is problematic in itself.  So I suggest changing
status=postponed with a one-line comment that it's not being worked on,
but seems like a valid idea.  Wdyt?

Thanks,