[Savannah-hackers-public] GAP CVS repositories

From: Ric
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] GAP CVS repositories
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 08:01:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I know there has been hacks on the savannah site. Restoring the CVS repository
if the sever is set back compared to the local version is not easy. Forcing a
commit or even trying a diff fails, because the metadata on the server is
time-warped!

Could you restore for the GAP cvs a newer backup than that of the 23rd
November?
The newest possible. I would then run a diff against my local source tree (I
have two copies on two computers... I am not exactly sure about the dates) and
compare that there were no forges or code modifications.

This proceeding would help a lot in restoring the source repository.

Else, we need to think a force commit procedure.

Thank you,
  Riccardo Mottola, GAP developer