[Savannah-hackers-public] Website synchronization

From: Bernie Innocenti
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Website synchronization
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 16:43:30 -0500

Hello Savannah Hackers,

yesterday I've re-enabled the script that automatically checks out the
website repositories for all the gnu and non-gnu projects, including the
main website.

I've also somewhat hardened the configuration of the gnu.org and
nongnu.org virtual hosts. In particular,

* symlinks are no longer followed

* Server Side Includes are now completely disabled except for the
  main site

* it is no longer possible to execute CGIs from Server Side Includes

* mod_php is no longer installed

* mod_python is now disabled everywhere except for the internal
  new-savannah-project script

The following Apache features are enabled for all gnu projects:

  Options Indexes MultiViews Limit
  AllowOverride Indexes FileInfo Limit

The following Apache features are enabled for all nongnu projects:

  Options Indexes Multiviews
  AllowOverride None

Let me know if the new configuration broke something important. If the
current settings seem excessively restrictive, we could re-enable
specific features on a case-by-case basis.

Turning off FileInfo would actually have been good, because it enables a
bunch of scary directives in .htaccess, but there are way too many
projects already using Redirect and RedirectMatch. Converting them all
would be impractical.

--
 Bernie Innocenti
 Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation