Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] randy kobes passed away -> ftpmirror redir

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] randy kobes passed away -> ftpmirror redirector
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 01:01:06 GMT

    One problem here is that the Apache2::Geo::Mirror module only loads
    the mirror list upon initialization of Apache,

Wow.  That would explain a lot of things where users keep reporting
outdated mirrors no longer in the list, etc.

    I think the most sane thing to do here is subclass Apache2::Geo::Mirror
    and add a simple feature that checks the last modified time of the
    /usr/local/share/GeoIP/gnu-ftpmirror.txt file; if it changes, reload the

We'd want to do the same thing for the existing non-gnu redirector too,
of course.  Ideally even pass that fix back upstream, if there still is
an upstream ...

Thanks for all,