Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mock review for the project scruf

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mock review for the project scruf
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 14:57:57 -0400

On 10/27/12 3:55 AM, Rudra Banerjee wrote:
Hello friends,
below is a mock review of the project scurf.
Please let me know if this is good.
The project link is https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?12298

Hi,
I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah. While
doing so I have noticed a few problems which are described below.

1) Your file parser/DocumentDate.java, styling/style.css and todo are
missing copyright headers and license notices.

I don't think we really care too much about meta-project files, such as BUGS, TODO, THANKS, etc. These files are not documentation nor are the part of the program. I've personally never nagged for licensing headers on such files.

It also appears that plenty of GNU projects lack licensing notices on such files.

You are correct thought, parsers/DocumentDate.java is slightly past the threshold of trivial code, so it probably should have a licensing header.

styling/style.css is attributed to the public domain with the following header:

/*