Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah VMs upgraded to latest Debian 7.2

From: Sylvain
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah VMs upgraded to latest Debian 7.2 point release
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 23:11:59 +0200

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 02:06:32PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Savannah Hackers,
>
> Just noting that I upgraded the VMs (except for download) to the
> lastest Debian point release 7.2 that released last week.  Mostly.
>
> On internal I held the msyql server back because it is a larger jump
> in versions.  To fix a CVE they jumped forward from 5.1.66 to 5.1.72
> which includes a few minor option changes.  I want to make sure there
> is a good immediate backup available just in case something isn't
> compatible.  I have upgraded other machines and only the backup
> scripts needed a small options change and all usage seems okay to me.
>
> On vcs openssh continues to be held due to local customizations.
>
> On frontend the zope stuff is still in that awkward stage previously
> discussed.  I will clean that up soonest since this has reminded me.
> The Performance Co-Pilot stuff threw an error during the upgrade.
>
>   Setting up pcp (3.3.3-squeeze3) ...
>   Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/pmproxy ...
>   Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/pmie ...
>   Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/pcp ...
>   Performance Co-Pilot rebuilding PMNS ...
>   Performance Co-Pilot starting PMCD (logfile is /var/log/pcp/pmcd/pmcd.log)
>   Performance Co-Pilot starting archive loggers ...
>   /etc/init.d/pcp: 591: cannot create /var/tmp/pcp.cNSi91ECo/pmcheck:
> Directory nonexistent
>
> I stopped and started it and it was fine the second time.  Looks like
> a scripting bug in there somewhere.
>
>   frontend:~# service pcp stop
>   Waiting for PMCD to terminate ...
>   frontend:~# service pcp start
>   Performance Co-Pilot starting PMCD (logfile is /var/log/pcp/pmcd/pmcd.log)
>   Performance Co-Pilot starting archive loggers ...
>
> And that leaves download which still needs some more major work.  I
> never got around to attacking it for the previous point release
> upgrades.  I don't know what problems will be found there.  I will see
> about upgrading it to the lastest point release.  Does anyone know any
> special traps lay there for the unwary?

Congrats!

'download' should be easy to upgrade for user access: just basic
sftp/rsync/scp access through sv_membersh.

For Apache access, remember to check whether mirmon and
audio-video.gnu.org (http and rsync) are still working.
The mirrors redirection is handled by Apache2::Geo::Mirror, normally
installed via cpan.

Awstats seems not accessible right now btw.

(Of course this is what I know from 2011, features may have been added
 since.)

Cheers!
Sylvain